Sunday, November 15, 2009

Biting off more than I can chew

Ok, I know what I'm writing this month now, and after a good weekend I'm no longer way behind on my word count. I have definitely bitten off more than I can chew trying to write this particular story, but this is NaNo, which means quitting is out of the question - chalk this up as a learning experience.

It might have helped if I had an outline before I started too, rather than just some general ideas of things I might throw into the story. Or if I really knew my main character. But life has been busy, and sometimes planning for writing (or even writing itself) has to take a back seat.

On the positive side, right now I don't feel completely shattered for the first time in a week and a half, and I haven't actually come down with anything (I felt like I was about to last weekend).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home