Thursday, March 20, 2008

A year goes by ...

I thought I really ought to update this blog. It's not as if I haven't done anything creative in the last 10 months ...

In my last post, I was about to tackle the inaugural ScriptFrenzy. Well, I did find a partner, and we wrote a 20,000 word film script together. Not bad considering we live eight timezones apart and have never met. Our script was for a high school romance, but with an unhappy ending - well, I like things to be edgy and real rather than all hollywoodish. We had particular fun peppering the script with references to The Breakfast Club - I love that film. And while I know I'm not Russel T Davies or John Hughes, there were a few of the scenes we wrote which I really liked.

Writing with someone else was interesting, as we both had (sometimes conflicting) ideas of where the story was going, who the characters were, etc. But of course sometimes those ideas were really good ones I wouldn't have thought of myself, taking the story off in new and interesting directions. The end product wasn't what either of us would have written by ourself, but then, that's the point. And would I do it again? Well, I'll answer that later ...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home