Thursday, November 02, 2006

NaNo: starting off

November 1st arrived at last, and with it the opportunity to start writing actual words for my new novel. Actually it feels presumptuous to call it a novel, as if somehow I am implying that my 50,000 words of excrement stand any comparison to the great works of literature. They don't, but that's beside the point.

So I woke up yesterday morning and started writing, and at this point I've completed the preface (about 1400 words) and am just starting the first chapter.

I would have done more, but unfortunately the last couple of weeks of November were so exhausting with work that right now I really feel I need a rest, rather than to launch myself into another mammoth, if rather less technically demanding, task. As a result, I wrote virtually nothing yesterday evening or this morning; precious time that could have been spent typing was not.

Now I'm just hoping that I can perk up and regain some - some Voom, some enthusiasm, some Fundamental Will To Be, whatever you call it - in time to throw myself into the project for the rest of the month.

Time and tide wait for no man - not even in November.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home